(Randolph, New Jersey, United States) – Dignitaries and honorable guests already confirmed to be in attendance at the opening of the 46th Annual BIG GREEK FESTIVAL include:
– Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen
– Assemblyman Anthony Bucco Jr.
– Morris County Freeholder Director Kathryn DeFillippo
– Morris County Freeholder Douglas Cabana
– Township of Randolph Mayor Roman B. Hirniak
– Randolph Councilwoman Joanne Veech
– Roxbury Councilman Dan Kline
– Roxbury Councilman Richard Zoschak
WHAT: BIG GREEK FESTIVAL OPENING CEREMONY
WHEN: Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:45 p.m.
WHERE: St. Andrew Greek Orthodox Church, 1447 Sussex Turnpike, Randolph, NJ 07869
Posters and free admission coupons have been distributed in Warren, Sussex, Morris, Hunterdon and Somerset counties for redistribution directly to:
– Mayors and their staff
– Colleges and university student life offices including County College of Morris, Centenary College, Drew University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, St. Elizabeth’s College, Sussex County College, Warren County College, Raritan County College
– Businesses, sponsors and partners
Among the many attractions of BIG GREEK FESTIVAL are hot off the grills traditional dishes served both indoors and at the outdoor Taverna Grill & Bar – a contemporary take on a traditional Greek grill and bar.
This year’s menu at the Taverna introduces a Greek hamburger, seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper, and topped with feta cheese. As an alternate, an American cheeseburger with yellow American cheese will be available.
Expanding dessert offerings, as a new offering, visitors can sample Greek yogurt topped with honey and walnuts.
A new favorite in more recent years is an adult drink, exclusively available at BIG GREEK FESTIVAL, the â€œBLUE GREEK,â€ an Ouzo shot with a tropical sweet fruit flavor which sports a bright blue color.
Added to this year’s schedule are outside presentations of Greek youth dancing in the Taverna.
Billboards showcasing BIG GREEK FESTIVAL are present throughout northern New Jersey.
Pre-opening begins with Friday lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with options to eat in or purchase take out selections.
A coupon for free admission is available at http://www.biggreekfestival.com, as well as on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/biggreekfestival and on Twitter athttps://twitter.com/greekfestivalnj.
Menus, a schedule of activities, directions and other details are available at BigGreekFestival.com.