1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mj_toronto8

I'm so happy to see that big magazines are featuring Santorini!! Would you visit any of these places? Selene and To Psariki are my favourite

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sending sharing this amazing list of top restaurants in Santorini, Greece!

I have always found that the best restaurants are sometimes the local, family owned taverna, especially in Santorini :)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

This is a great list! Thank you for sharing!

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg

I heard there are not many taxis in Santorini...what do I do?

How do you get around other than taxi?? Please help!!

You should visit the Gyzi megaron Museum in Santorini!

This museum is great because you can learn about the true culture and history of the island. The museum houses great authentic and intricate engravings, local clothing so you can see what people used to dress like, mabs, and a general overview of Santorini history. The artefacts are from the 15th to the 19th century and there are many pictures that show what the island used to look like before it was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

gyzi-megaron1-720x540.jpg

Holistic cooking experience in Santorini

I love this concept! Learning about Santorini through food is excellent :) You can get a group of people and eat a private dinner cooked specialized by a chef. Its a full gastronomical experience. I would love to experience it one day

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter