1 - 1 of 1 Posts

tomipark

Time Capsule​

Gift the newlyweds with a time capsule they can fill with memorabilia from their wedding, letters to each other, and dreams they have for their future together.

Gold Jewelry​

Giving gold jewelry to a Greek bride is something that has been done for centuries. Greek Orthodox weddings are steeped in tradition and religion, so gifting the bride with a piece of gold jewelry such as a bracelet or necklace is very thoughtful.

Money​

It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of money. It allows the bride and groom to purchase something they really want or need or even tuck it away for the future.

Personalized Stationary​

If you look at the bride and groom’s wedding invitation, you can get a little sense of their style together. You can parlay that into a beautiful set of stationary for the newlyweds.

I copied these from https://www.greekboston.com/wedding/gifts-not-registry/ :)

This is what a Greek Pontian wedding precession looks like!

I love seeing all of the different cultural traditions that exist in Greece! So beautiful

Enjoy!

Sunday’s Greek song: prodigious Greek Roma performer Kostas Hatzis and grand dame Marinella sing about love & how in its light everything is pure & true to the lyrics of Sotia Tsotou off the 1976 live album “Recital"

This is what Oxi Day is all about

Love learning about holidays like this, cheers!

Is it customary for people to convert to Orthodoxy when marrying someone Greek?

When I married my husband, I didn't convert and we had a non religious wedding, but I am sort of considering converting now. There are a lot of aspects about Orthodoxy that appeal to me now that we've been together for many years and Ive learned more about the religion. Plus, our kids are Greek Orthodox so I think it would be nice if we were all the same religion officially. I was raised loosely Catholic, so I haven't practiced in years. I'm wondering what other couples have done and if anyone has experience marrying someone of another religion.

Play this Greek holiday playlist for your upcoming gatherings

I love festive music 🎶 🎄 This playlist covers all of the most popular Greek Christmas songs

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter