1 - 5 of 5 Posts

greek_ggirl

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

This is really fun!!! So festive, and I am impressed at the people who know the music, and who get up and dance. Such a good time!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is amazing!!! Merry Christmas and Xronia Polla! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

corfujan

This is so fun, I love these glendis, and it is extra festive because of it being the holidays. Thanks for sharing this!

k_tsoukalas

I have seen footage from other episodes of this show, and it always looks so fun. This is especially festive, thank you for sharing!

Should I still get a gift if I cant make it to the wedding?

I was invited to a Greek wedding this summer, but unfortunately I am unable to go because my work schedule is just a bit too hectic. The couple has a registry, which makes me wonder if I should still get a gift even if I'm not able to go to the wedding. Does anyone know what the expectation or custom is for a Greek weddings? The couple is from the United States, but they are both Greek American and having their wedding in Greece. I am super bummed out that I am missed, and I would say that I'm relatively close to the groom, we worked together previously.

Greeces long tradition of making leather sandals

Greeks have been wearing sandals since the ancient times. The tradition continues to this day, where so many groups have leather workshops. If you walk around the streets of any touristic city in Greece, you will see dozens of shoe stores with leather sandals, bags, and belts. If you were visiting, I recommend you check them out and see if you like any of the styles.

These are the most common words in Greek

This list is extremely helpful for anyone visiting Greece. Learning a bit of Greek can be a little intimidating, especially since some of the sounds don't exist in other languages. I suggest that you at least learn a few words to get by, since it is also a kind gesture when visiting a foreign country. Let me know if you like this video! And if you think these words are easy to learn!

Make sure you bring a dessert or small gift if youre invited to a Greek household

This is a very popular custom in Greece and you might come off as strange if you don't parcticiate. If you're invited to someones house, it is customary to bring dessert or a small gift to show your toes of appreciation for the fact that they're hosting you. It is likely that they will also offer you food, dessert or coffee as well. So don't be surprised if they do!

Here is some insight about Greek etiquette and body language

Etiquette and body language is extremely important in any culture, especially in Greek Culture. This doesn't meant that you need to follow everything and try to act "Greek" but I think its helpful to be aware of the expectations of others, especially so that you don't offend others. Let me know if you like this video and think its helpful in understanding some of the main components of Greek etiquette.

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter