1 - 6 of 6 Posts

tomipark

I'm thinking of working from home and extending my stay in Greece...but I'm not too sure. Have any of you worked from home abroad? What advice do you have? And how can I get high speed reliable wifi? I'm worried that hotels will have bad wifi and I don't want to depend on it

ellinasgolfer0320

Why Greece, and how long will you be there?I wouldn't recommend working from home in Greece unless you have a house there or you can stay with family. The thing is that Greece is a great place to visit for vacation but it's not a great place to live. Many people think Greece is great because they fall in love with the vacation. If you're going to be working from home for am extended period then you won't be there for vacation, you will be living there.

The best place for internet will be at an internet cafe.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Why Greece, and how long will you be there?I wouldn't recommend working from home in Greece unless you have a house there or you can stay with family. The thing is that Greece is a great place to visit for vacation but it's not a great place to live. Many people think Greece is great because they fall in love with the vacation. If you're going to be working from home for am extended period then you won't be there for vacation, you will be living there.

The best place for internet will be at an internet cafe.
You can also buy an internet USB port (I'm not sure exactly what its called) from any phone store like Vodafone

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
When I was in Greece last in 2019, I worked full time on my iphone and used the Verizon Wireless international data plan (yes it was expensive!) but very reliable and worked so well everywhere I was in mainland Greece and the Greek islands.

ellinasgolfer0320

You can also buy an internet USB port (I'm not sure exactly what its called) from any phone store like Vodafone
True. You could definitely go to vodafone, cosmote, or one of the other stores.

k_tsoukalas

I've done it. It's doable but a bit challenging at times. Internet isn't as reliable, but it is doable. It's easier if you're in a city as opposed to a village.

Reactions: Vangelis

Taking a cruise around the Greek islands is a great idea if you have kids!

I always recommend cruises for families because they are generally pretty safe and there are a lot of activities for families to do on board. It’s a great place to grab a drink with your spouse and supervise the young ones on the pool deck. They will always here a life guard which is not the case for many public beaches in Greece. If you have teens, there tend to be many teen groups that offer excursions during the stops so they are able to make friends with other cruise ship members. I highly recommend it!

Greece's Astypalea Hosts Parkour's Most Prestigious Competition .

Travel tip: bring a polaroid camera to Greece!

I love taking polaroid pictures to remember my favorite memories from Greece! I also love to take disposal cameras and then develop them once I get home. This is a great way to not bulk up your phone with hundreds of pictures and to get that retro look in your images as well. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking to capture special memories from Greece!

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Milos island is becoming more popular than ever!

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter