1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church is one of the oldest churches in the city! I love this church, and it has some of the nicest frescos in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's still functioning for services, does anyone know?

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

Yes it is still functioning! Most old Greek churches are aahah, it doesn't stop the Greeks

k_tsoukalas

Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church is one of the oldest churches in the city! I love this church, and it has some of the nicest frescos in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's still functioning for services, does anyone know?

This church really is stunning, I agree. It would be great to attend a church service here!

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Xan square is a great place to visit in Thessaloniki!

This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out

Perea beach is in the middle of one of the best resort towns!

Perea beach is my favourite beach in Thessaloniki! It's is also a town that has a thriving resort community, which means that there will be plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to explore while you are there.

Gulf-of-Thessaloniki-720x415.jpg

Thessaloniki Still Struggling to Increase Hotel Stays .

The reduction in Domestic travelers is a sign of economical situation where people cannot afford to go for holidays.This season has been very tough,an old colleague from Mykonos now living in New York was there for a month in summer just gone and she said she was so sad to see many businesses closed and the difficult times were obviously felt all around. https://news.gtp.gr/2021/09/28/thessaloniki-still-struggling-to-increase-hotel-stays/

Visit the monument of Alexander the Great in Thessaloniki

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter