1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cf_fraiser

Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church is one of the oldest churches in the city! I love this church, and it has some of the nicest frescos in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's still functioning for services, does anyone know?

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

Yes it is still functioning! Most old Greek churches are aahah, it doesn't stop the Greeks

k_tsoukalas

Agios Nikolaos Orfanos Church is one of the oldest churches in the city! I love this church, and it has some of the nicest frescos in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's still functioning for services, does anyone know?

This church really is stunning, I agree. It would be great to attend a church service here!

What neighborhoods do you recommend that I visit in Thessaloniki?

I’m only planning on going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days so I’m wondering what would be the best neighborhoods to visit. Personally, I’m not looking for anything super touristy. I like to go out to eat and shop around, and usually go back to my hotel around 10pm, so not much nightlife for me. Let me know what you all think!!

Beware of the roads in Kavala, Greece!

Kavala is a small and beautiful city near Thessaloniki which has some of the windiest and steepest roads. If youre not used to driving in Greece, especially with a manual car I highly recommend that you don't drive yourself. The roads are not for amateurs and it is a much better idea to walk around the city or use taxis. Good luck for anyone visiting! It is one of my favorite cities in the North. Let me know if you would like recommendations! :)

What it is like living in Thessaloniki for a month

I love seeing experiences like this, so I thought it would be good to share. This couple has been living in Thessaloniki for one month, so they have a pretty good perspective on what it would be like for foreigners. Ever since covid, there have been more and more digital nomads and people working abroad for months at a time. If you're interested in the experience, I suggest you ask some questions on this forum as well to get advice from people who go to Greece often.

What does everyone like about Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki is one of the most unique places in Greece! Its way better than Athens in my opinion, it has everything that a big city has to offer but it also has a small town and waterfront vibe. Do you agree with what was said in the video? Or do you have your own perceptions about what is good and bad about the city? Let me know!

You should check out a PAOK soccer game at Toumba Stadium in Thessaloniki

Toumba Stadium is where the PAOK Football Club plays all of its games! Soccer games in Greece are very exciting and full of energy. I would argue that they're probably some of the most passionate soccer fans in the entire world. Of course, if they're playing a rival team I recommend exercising caution. Sometimes the fans can get pretty rowdy and fights can break out. It's definitely a great place to go if you're in the city! :)
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter