1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dimi_pat

This TV show is making waves in Greece! It is a drama about the military junta that happened in the 1960's and 70's in Greece and shows the lives of different families who are with and against the government. It is a good show to watch with family (older kids) to learn about Greek history and culture. There is a bit of politics and a bit of romance so everyone can watch and be captivated. The show airs on ANT1!

Vangelis

Thanks for letting us know what this is all about. I thought this was more of a soapie so I wasn't too interested in it. Based on your recommendation I will start watching it.

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Thanks for letting us know what this is all about. I thought this was more of a soapie so I wasn't too interested in it. Based on your recommendation I will start watching it.
I've seen a few episodes, it is similar to a soap opera because it is a drama but I think it is pretty unique and unlike a typical Greek soap opera. Definitely worth a watch

seleanor

I can't find a real trailer, but this shows some scenes from the second season so you can get an idea (spoilers might be included)

Greek history documentary on engineering in Ancient Greece

Engineering is one of the most impactful aspects of Ancient Greece, there was so much advancement during that time that comes from Ancient Greece that we still use today. National Geographic always does a great job of depicting what life was like in ancient Greece. Let me know what you think of the advancements in the comments, I will search for more documentaries and post them. :)

: Steinhardt Collection: 47 stolen antiquities return to Greece!

What a win! Italy returns Greek Parthenon marbles

This is so exciting! Italy has just returned some fragments of marble from the Parthenon that originally belonged to Greece. This is a result of discussions that have been happening in the UK for quite some time. I am happy to see that Italy is taking quick action, hopefully the UK will use this as inspiration to take a final push and return all of the marbles that rightfully belong to Greece.

Agries Melisses is a fantastic Greek tv show about the military occupation

This TV show is making waves in Greece! It is a drama about the military junta that happened in the 1960's and 70's in Greece and shows the lives of different families who are with and against the government. It is a good show to watch with family (older kids) to learn about Greek history and culture. There is a bit of politics and a bit of romance so everyone can watch and be captivated. The show airs on ANT1!

Greco-Buddhism

A period of Ancient Greek history that is not well known amongst the Greek community is the influence that the Greeks had on Buddhism especially through their art and also the influence that Buddhism and other ascetic systems in India had on Greek philosophy. You can read all about it in this article: Greco-Buddhism

800px-Gandhara_Buddha_%28tnm%29.jpeg
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter