1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nadellii

This adds to the long case of people who are testing positive in Greece. Alexis Tsipras if the former prime minister of Greece, who is a little polarizing. This is a sign that covid can affect us all, and that omicron is spreading rapidly, especially in Greece. I urge everyone to stay safe and be careful! Happy New Year and blessings to all.

Greece has now approved a fourth covid vaccine shot for at risk people

Greece has just announced that it has approved a fourth booster shot for people who are most at risk. This means that those who qualify and under their doctors approval can obtain an additional shot to prevent themselves from contracting COVID-19. I'm not sure if this applies for travellers and non-citizens, as usually in order to get a vaccine or a Covid test you need to have some form of healthcare in Greece, either private or public.

Travel requirements for Greece and Cyprus updated!

To enter Cyprus and Greece, you are required to have a negative PCR test. Both countries are also requiring that you fill out specific forms when you enter. You should also bring a proof of vaccination that is preferably translated into English or Greek. Some people usually carry these on their phones, but I also think it's best to have a copy printed on paper just in case your phone dies, also some border officers are a little more old-school and might prefer a paper copy.

More information here: https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/12/20/travelling-to-greece-or-cyprus-all-you-need-to-know/

Greece has now decreased quarantine to 5 days

Just like the United States, Greece has decreased quarantine from 10 days to 5 as a result of increased knowledge about the virus. The quarantine is 5 days as long as you are asymptomatic. If you have symptoms, you should quarantine until you feel better and then wait 5 days. This means that people will spend a lot less time tied up in quarantine and it also means that they are not contagious for a long period of time as we previously thought!

Off to Greece! ✈️

Our trip got rescheduled because of an omicron outbreak in my friends village but thankfully everyone has recovered and is safe and healthy. Having recently recovered from COVID myself, I have antibodies and am able to travel safely. Thank goodness we are off to Greece! Safe travels everyone.

5166021C-3E2E-44B5-9B33-33970865A343.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter