1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Hash

I am certain this goes on all the time, sadly this time they got caught, just imagine how many antiquities have disappeared in the past years!?

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

I am certain this goes on all the time, sadly this time they got caught, just imagine how many antiquities have disappeared in the past years!?
This is crazy....I can't believe they almost got away with it. Reminds me of how the British stole the Greek artifacts, just come to Greece and see them for yourselves!!!

Reactions: Hash

Hash

This is crazy....I can't believe they almost got away with it. Reminds me of how the British stole the Greek artifacts, just come to Greece and see them for yourselves!!!
What about the Lions of Delos in Louvre museum,I think.....The Elgin Marbles in London?.... Highly inflammatory subjects these are unfortunately!

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

What about the Lions of Delos in Louvre museum,I think.....The Elgin Marbles in London?.... Highly inflammatory subjects these are unfortunately!
Yes this topic gets me heated, Greece lost so much

Reactions: Hash

If you travel to Greece youre likely to see sheep on the road!

I love seeing goats and sheep as I’m driving along!! Got this cool pic a few weeks ago while I was traveling. Cheers

05543FCE-925A-48F4-A559-BE0C34A6FE04.jpeg

These are the best places to go in Greece if youre a wine lover!

These are the islands where my favorite wines are from! Ive only been to Santorini and Mykonos to try their amazing wines in person but Paros and Nemea are next on my list!! I always like to book a tour of the best wineries on each island that I visit because I like to do a tasting and buy a few bottles to enjoy for dinner with my family. Please let me know if there are any other locations that would be great for wine tasting! Cheers

Santorini
Paros
Mykonos
Nemea

greek-wine-720x480.jpg

Where are the most romantic places to travel in Greece besides Santorini?

I am looking to take my girlfriend for a trip around Greece, but she's already been to Santorini and doesn't really like a lot of crowds. Is there any place that's super romantic that any of you recommend? I really want to spend some quality alone time together, because we don't get to see each other that much. I'm thinking of going just for a couple of days. Any advice?

EU Commission Commends Greece for post-Covid-19 Progress.

Rightfully so, Greece is one of the first countries to recover in Tourism Industry and with it turning her Economy and GDP around... Huge Compliments Elllada mas!❤️❤️👏👏

These are the best historical towns to visit in Greece!

If you're looking for old towns and beautiful architecture, there are a few standout places that you have to visit!! I love Thessaloniki old town because there is also great things to do all around the city and it is by the water. Chania old town is also great, and Crete is one of my favorite islands! Finally, I highly recommend going to Monemvasia, it is so beautiful and has amazing small shops with local artists and craftsmen.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter