1 - 3 of 3 Posts

xmelissaa

This place is so beautiful i'm adding it to my travel list! Angelokastro Castle is located at the highest point of Corfu near Krini. Angelokastro Castle is known for the domed gate at its entrance. The castle was built to help protect the residents from the Venetians and pirates from Africa.

angelokastro.jpg

Reactions: kcixcy

kcixcy

This place is so beautiful i'm adding it to my travel list! Angelokastro Castle is located at the highest point of Corfu near Krini. Angelokastro Castle is known for the domed gate at its entrance. The castle was built to help protect the residents from the Venetians and pirates from Africa.

View attachment 327
This picture is beautiful! I had no idea a place like this existed in Greece, thanks for sharing

Reactions: mastichas09
Check out this video!

What are some of the best dishes local to Corfu?

Hi guys! First time visitor to the Ionian islands here! What should I get a taste of in Corfu? Any tips?

Who built Mon Repos Palace in Corfu?

I was browsing potential sites to visit in Corfu and I notices that Mon Repos Palace has very different architecture from different buildings in the area and Greece in general. As you can see it has a point at the entrance which I've never seen before. Does anyone know why this is?

mon-repos-palace-corfu-720x480.jpg

Are there any Venetian landmarks in Corfu?

I've heard there's a lot of Venetian influence in Corfu, are there any specific landmarks I can visit?

Have you been to the Byzantine Museum of Corfu?

I love Byzantine culture!! What types of artifacts does this museum hold? And does it have anything important to the Byzantine empire? I'm looking to see some one of kind pieces

Did you know that there is a museum of Asian art in Corfu?

The collection is from George Manos, who was a Greek diplomat. The building was originally a Japanese museum but then it was converted to a museum of Asian art after George Manos donated his collection. I haven't been but it seems so cool that this exists in Corfu

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter