1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

This is a little twist on an Italian dish with Greek flavors. I love lemon, oregano and garlic, so I decided to make it into a healthy pasta with chicken breast that’s lightly fried in olive oil. What do you think? 😊

3D0D4FA5-0210-4053-9BFF-E99C11595070.jpeg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This looks amazing! I have always found that many foods can take a Greek and Italian style take at the same time!

Thanks for sharing! 🇬🇷

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

This looks amazing! I have always found that many foods can take a Greek and Italian style take at the same time!

Thanks for sharing! 🇬🇷
I’ve had the same experience! Sometimes I like to make pastitsio with a little bit more tomato sauce and it taste more like lasagna 😊 so nice

Yayapap

Reactions: acamp7

k_tsoukalas

I was just thinking that! This looks amazing. Which vegetables did you use?

Recipes using feta cheese!

These are the best recipes that you can make from feta cheese! You can also sprinkle feta cheese on pretty much anything, but I like to incorporate it into these :) I like to use Greek feta cheese brands like dodonis, it's a traditional Greek brand that they now sell in the US

1. Tiropita
2. Briam with feta cheese
3. Feta saganaki
4. Whipped feta cheese dip

Have you ever made a traditional Greek rabbit recipe?

Rabbit is considered a delicacy in Greece, even though it's not so popular today. There are many different variations of rabbit that are made in Greece, but the most popular is a rabbit stew. The stew consists of tomato, carrots, celery, a whole rabbit, onions, garlic, and spices such as rosemary, allspice, bay leaf, pepper, and salt. This is a great recipe that I have tried myself and I like to make every now and then when I can find rabbit at the butcher or farmers market.

How to make homemade Greek sausages

Greek sausages are fresh and fragrant. You can make these sausages out of any type of ground meat, but the most traditional way is ground pork. I like to use chicken for breakfast sausages but pork for when I'm having a barbecue with guests over. I like to get fresh ground meat from the butcher, with about 15-20% of fat. The more fat, the juicer the sausages will be. Keep in mind that if you're using a leaner cut of meat, you will want to keep an eye on the cook time so that they don't dry out. Here is my favorite recipe. It's in Greek but I use a google translate add on to understand it.

Pasteli is a wonderful sweet snack

Pasteli is one of the best snacks that you can keep in your bag when youre on the go! Its made of sesame seeds and honey and is super healthy. You can think of it as the Greek version of granola bars. The recipe is super simple, and if you'd like to make it I have attached some recipes below. 😀

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter