1 - 5 of 5 Posts

acamp7

Im looking to watch some funny and family friendly Greek tv shows to watch with the family! If anyone has any recommendations for Greek tv shows and where I can find them I would really appreciate it. I have a hard time finding international tv shows online these days. Thanks in advance! 😊

ellinasgolfer0320

Το Σόι σου (to soi sou)
Κωνσταντίνου και Ελένης (konstantinou kai elenis)

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Para Pente is one of the most popular!! Some jokes might not land with the younger ones because they're sophisticated, not innapropriate! Its very kid friendly.

nadellii

Para Pente is one of the most popular!! Some jokes might not land with the younger ones because they're sophisticated, not innapropriate! Its very kid friendly.
All of the episodes are available on YouTube

k_tsoukalas

I will have to watch some of these! Thank you for sharing.

Do you know these famous Greeks?

This is a really fun game to test your Greek knowledge. Do you know all of these politicians and celebrities? I could only name a few.

Why Greeks add -akis to everything

So many people have asked me why everything ends in "akis" and the truth is that it doesn't really! Akis is a suffix that is added to the end of greek words to make them "little" or more cute. It's also the ending of many Cretan last names. For example, dolma (grape leaves) is the official name but we just call them dolmadakia (akia is the plural of akis). You can add this to pretty much everything!

Here is an overview of the beliefs of the Greek Orthodox Church

Of course, there are many variations as to what every individual Greek Orthodox person believes. Either way, there are a few official beliefs of the Greek Orthodox Church, many of which stand out from different Christian sects. The main belief of the Greek Orthodox Church is the holy trinity, which includes the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This video does a pretty good job of explaining everything, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you have any questions about Greek Orthodoxy, I would love to answer them.\

The rise of historical Anatolian cuisine in Greece

Over the past few years, I've noticed more and more trendy Anatolian restaurants opening up. These restaurants feature historical food cooked by Greeks whose ancestors used to live in modern day Turkey. The cuisine is very similar to Greek food, but has a few twist such as the use of red pepper powder or paste from Aleppo. Some classic dishes include Smyrneika soutzoukakia and kebab. It's really nice to see that these Greek traditions are being revived for the modern Greeks to enjoy.

Greeces long tradition of making leather sandals

Greeks have been wearing sandals since the ancient times. The tradition continues to this day, where so many groups have leather workshops. If you walk around the streets of any touristic city in Greece, you will see dozens of shoe stores with leather sandals, bags, and belts. If you were visiting, I recommend you check them out and see if you like any of the styles.

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter