1 - 9 of 9 Posts

mastichas09

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true!! The first 48 hours of jet lag are the worst part of arriving in Greece, here are my tips :)

- Drink many Greek coffees and/or Frappes as possible.
- Stay awake and try to sleep as close to normal night sleep time.
- Hydrate and drink as much water as possible.

Those of a few things that come to mind that help me get used to the time change. Hope this helps!! 🇬🇷

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Jerry s

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?
You have to be in USA, that's what happens when you are 7-8 hours behind. I'm the opposite to you 7-8 hours ahead so I don't get jetlag going there, I get it when I come back home.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I just force myself to stay awake with frappe :)

Eat 6 souvlakia 1 yiros and 1kg of ouzo and dance all night.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Yayapap

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.
Naps are key to surviving partying and jet lag in Greece

k_tsoukalas

I force myself to not take a nap and stay on the new schedule. It's tough because napping is so fun in Greece. But this is most important on the first day. If I arrive in Greece, exhausted at like 10 AM I have to force myself to stay up and not sleep away my first day. This starts the trip off right!

Best Archaeological Museums in Greece?

I am thinking of retiring to Greece. Right now, I suspect it will be on Corfu, but I haven't quite decided. I will be visiting Greece next year to get a feel for things.

When I go, I want to make sure I visit some of the best Archaeological museums I can find - because learning about Ancient Greek History is one of my favorite things.

Here is my list -please let me know if I forget anything!

** The museum at the Acropolis.

** Archaeological Museum in Heraklion

** The one in Thessaloniki

** Archaeological Museum of Corfu

Did I miss any that I absolutely should see during my trip? I'll be about a month in Greece, so I should have time.

Best place to visit in Greece with a large group?

My next trip to Greece is going to happen soon - maybe late summer of 2023. At first, I thought there would be just a few of us, but the group has grown considerably. Everyone has different travel styles and everyone is chiming in about what they want from the trip. Here are what people desire:

** Good nightlife (doesn't have to be on par with Mykonos, but it has to be fun for people in their mid 20's to mid 30's)

** Shopping (the shoppers in the group aren't super picky, they like to visit souvenir shops, fashion boutiques, that kind of thing)

** Beaches (we all agree on this one - and most of us prefer an organized beach with some restaurants and shops nearby, or close to the place we are staying)

** Outdoor sports - we have a few avid hikers in the group, a few that like things like kayaks and paddle boards, and one scuba diver

** Some of the people are budget conscious, but they have enough money to enjoy a trip to Greece as long as it isn't crazy expensive (so Mykonos or Santorini might be out for them)

** One couple might turn it into their honeymoon

** Not everyone can stay the whole time

I have a few possibilities, and I am open to advice and suggestions: Athens, Crete, Peloponnese (like Monemvasia), Thessaloniki

Greece Hits €12.7bn in Tourism Revenues in Jan-August

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6

Best places to visit on mainland Greece?

I know, the islands are a popular choice. I've been to the islands so many times, but I have seen very little of the mainland. I have been to Athens and the surrounding area, but that's about it. Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I am interested in seeing Corinth, the Peloponnese, the main archaeological sites like Delphi and Olympia and maybe Marathon. Is there anything else I should consider?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube