1 - 9 of 9 Posts

mastichas09

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true!! The first 48 hours of jet lag are the worst part of arriving in Greece, here are my tips :)

- Drink many Greek coffees and/or Frappes as possible.
- Stay awake and try to sleep as close to normal night sleep time.
- Hydrate and drink as much water as possible.

Those of a few things that come to mind that help me get used to the time change. Hope this helps!! 🇬🇷

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Jerry s

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?
You have to be in USA, that's what happens when you are 7-8 hours behind. I'm the opposite to you 7-8 hours ahead so I don't get jetlag going there, I get it when I come back home.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I just force myself to stay awake with frappe :)

Eat 6 souvlakia 1 yiros and 1kg of ouzo and dance all night.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Yayapap

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.
Naps are key to surviving partying and jet lag in Greece

k_tsoukalas

I force myself to not take a nap and stay on the new schedule. It's tough because napping is so fun in Greece. But this is most important on the first day. If I arrive in Greece, exhausted at like 10 AM I have to force myself to stay up and not sleep away my first day. This starts the trip off right!

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!

What are some Greek work from home tips?

I’ve been considering being a traveling nomad ever since my company switched to being fully remote. I would love to do this in Greece, but I am a bit skeptical since I have never visited for more than two weeks. Has anyone from abroad started living in Greece during the pandemic? Or do any Greeks have advice on what transitioning my life and work would be like? I live in Australia at the moment but have little to tie me down here. Thank you everyone

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)

Make sure you book in advance! Greece is fully booked this summer!

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!

Milos island is becoming more popular than ever!

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter