1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I’ve seen so many wonderful pictures of Santorini...which have SO MANY amazing churches. Are all of these churches functioning and providing church services? Or are some of them repurposed into other things and they just kept the exterior architecture.

TatianaS

Most of the churches in Greece are open for people to visit and light a candle. They do not all have regular services though, I’m not sure how you could check that.

Reactions: Hash and toniiv

toniiv

Most of the churches in Greece are open for people to visit and light a candle. They do not all have regular services though, I’m not sure how you could check that.
Im not sure either...it's not like you can call the churches. You might be able to check covid regulations online to see if church services are allowed. Im assuming if its legally allowed, most churches will be operating

Reactions: Hash

Lotjeurope

Here in Santorini I read in church that during the tourist season there will be no church services

k_tsoukalas

In the past I have found out about church only by asking natives. Somewhere on the island will usually have a church service, but there aren't enough priests and not all the churches are open. Many of the priests rotate through all the churches.

The best place to go scuba diving in Santorini

Santorini is one of the best places to go scuba diving because the island was created from a volcano many years ago which makes the sea life very different from other areas of Greece. There are very unique Coral reef Sandrock formations that have come from the volcano, and as always, the sea is teeming with wildlife. I highly recommend visiting Caldera Lagoon and arranging that you go scuba diving there. There are a few local schools that you should call ahead of time to schedule your slot. Best of luck!

Visit the Symposium Cultural Center in Santorini

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

https://www.symposionsantorini.com

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter