1 - 6 of 6 Posts

tomipark

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

#OnKefalonia

We have been in Argostoli for 3 months and returned to UK about 2 weeks ago. Almost every restaurant and cafe was open although a few had literally done so in the last week that we were there. Sadly there a few who haven't weathered the storm financially and have not reopened.

Most of the 'tourist' locations elsewhere have some places open though again maybe not as many as before.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

We have been in Argostoli for 3 months and returned to UK about 2 weeks ago. Almost every restaurant and cafe was open although a few had literally done so in the last week that we were there. Sadly there a few who haven't weathered the storm financially and have not reopened.

Most of the 'tourist' locations elsewhere have some places open though again maybe not as many as before.
That is so sad to hear :( I wish that the people who owned these businesses are okay and that they found another way to make a living

kef_john68

That is so sad to hear :( I wish that the people who owned these businesses are okay and that they found another way to make a living
I agree, it's sad! It will be great once this pandemic is over... I wanted to go to Kefalonia/Greece this year but decided to hold off.

k_tsoukalas

I agree, it's sad! It will be great once this pandemic is over... I wanted to go to Kefalonia/Greece this year but decided to hold off.
I agree, it's definitely sad! I think we will all be happy when the pandemic is over...

kef_john68

I agree, it's definitely sad! I think we will all be happy when the pandemic is over...
For sure, I haven't decided when to go yet. I think I need to see what happens with the Delta Variant. I am hoping for next summer, fingers crossed!

There was a recent earthquake in Kefalonia

Just so that any travelers are aware, there was an earthquake in Kefalonia last week so there might be a few aftershocks. Greece is known for earthquakes, so this is nothing new and many of the buildings are built to withstand earthquakes

Are most of the tavernas open in Argostoli?

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

Visit the Monastery of the Holy Virgin, Lamia!

I love Annas blog :) check out her short description and tips on visiting the monastery with some great pictures. Oh how I love the look of old buildings

How can I avoid the crowds in Kefalonia?

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?

Are there many earthquakes in Kefalonia?

Does anyone know if there are more earthquakes on certain islands than others? I would love to visit Kefalonia but I have a huge fear of earthquakes!! Which places should I avoid?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter