1 - 7 of 7 Posts

ssherie_

My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?

Tpebop

Most bars will have football on their TVs

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?
Here are a few sports bars to consider in the Rhodes Greece area:

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

k_tsoukalas

From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

I would also ask around - locals know where to go for this kind of thing!

barenbrock19

There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.

Reactions: cf_fraiser

cf_fraiser

There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.
Do they get very full during popular games?

Birds eye view of Monolithos Castle in Rhodes

Monolithos Castle is a stunning castle that was built in the 15th century and remains until this day. This is a birds eye view of the castle so you can get a good idea of what the ruins look like. The Castle is located in the the village of Monolithos which is about a couple of miles from the city. There is no fee to get into the area and walk around and its open pretty much all day!

Another earthquake hits waters near the island of Rhodes

Another earthquake hit the waters near island of Rhodes this week, it was pretty small and there aren't any damages or losses on the island itself. Many of the islands suffer pretty frequent earthquakes because of their proximity to volcanic and tectonic plates. The island is prepared for this and takes many precautionary measures. The earthquake was 4.5 magnitude which would usually cause slight damage to buildings but gladly it was in the water.

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Ferry service resumes between Turkish destinations and Rhodes!

For those of you that are traveling to Turkey from Greece using the ferry or vice versa, you are in luck! The ferry services are being re introduced which is great news especially for those that are traveling on a budget. The ferries were close down because of covid and have been closed for some time. Every Friday and Sunday there is a 45 minute boat ride from Fethiye, Turkey to Rhodes. This is such a quick trip and will definitely be cheaper than taking most flights! Has anyone taken this route? Unfortunately I have not and cannot provide tips from personal experience.

___

There will be parades & dancing. To celebrate independence day
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter