1 - 7 of 7 Posts

ssherie_

My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?

Tpebop

Most bars will have football on their TVs

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?
Here are a few sports bars to consider in the Rhodes Greece area:

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

k_tsoukalas

From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

I would also ask around - locals know where to go for this kind of thing!

barenbrock19

There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.

Reactions: cf_fraiser

cf_fraiser

There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.
Do they get very full during popular games?

If you love history, Rhodes should be your next destination!

When many people think of travelling to Greece for history, they may think of Athens or Crete… but I'm here to tell you that Rhodes is one of the best places to visit if you love history. The island is full of mediaeval history and has some of the most beautiful and old mediaeval architecture in all of Greece. Some of the best places to explore this history are Ancient Kamiros, Palace of the Grand Master, and the archeological museum of Rhodes.

These are my best Rhodes travel tips

These are my travel tips from having visited Rhodes a couple of times!

-Don't spend all your time at the beach! It's tempting, but there are some really great sites and an amazing village town that are totally worth visiting
-You shouldn't pay top dollar for a hotel just because it has a pool! Many of the beaches are much better than the pools and they also offer great services like food and drink service.
-Bring your own first aid kit. If you need medical attention, it might be difficult to find a pharmacy that's open. There's usually one or two pharmacies that remain open at night or during holidays. If you don't have a car, it will be more difficult to get to them.

Best of luck and enjoy your holidays!

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

Palace of Grand Masters being converted

work to start soon to convert it into cafe / restaurant .
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter