1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

My cousin is a huge comic book nerd and I would love to get him some comic books in Greek. Any recommendations?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My cousin is a huge comic book nerd and I would love to get him some comic books in Greek. Any recommendations?
Yes! I remember reading (or trying to as a kid) in the 1980s when going to Greece each Summer some of these types of comic books (so cool!!)

greekcomic1.jpeggreekcomic222.jpegGreekCommic2.jpeg

This is what a Greek Pontian wedding precession looks like!

I love seeing all of the different cultural traditions that exist in Greece! So beautiful

Ever wonder what a traditional Cretan wedding is like?

Wonder no more! This is a stunning and super traditional Cretan wedding where the bride and groom are wearing traditional clothes (pretty rare these days). Enjoy!

This is what a Greek Orthodox baptism looks like!

Here is a short video for anyone that's curious about what happens at a Greek Orthodox baptism

What lighting a candle means at a Greek church

In Greek church, we light candles and make a prayer. Its one of my favourite traditions. Candles are usually at the front of the church and you usually add a few coins or dollars in the box besides the candles to "pay" for the candles.

holy-thursday-720x480.jpg

How to dance tsifteteli (Greek bellydancing)!

I love these tutorials :) gotta start practicing for the Greek festivals next Sumer (hopefully I will be able to attend)

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter