1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Hey everyone! Back with another healthy recipe request! I’ve been getting really into parfaits, they’re so healthy and easy to make. Do you have any greek parfait recipes? I’ve been trying to keep up with the Mediterranean diet. Thanks :)

voula_slat

I don’t have any specific recipes to link you to, but I always make parfaits with really good quality greek yogurts and any fruits that are in season. I prefer to use Fage yogurt, and if you’re trying to be healthy I would recommend 0% or 2% fat. Adding nuts like walnuts or pistachios and good quality greek honey is another great way to add healthy and high quality fat! Hope this helps

This may not be the healthiest option but I like to add any type of greek baked dessert like baklava or koulourakia to the bottom. Then I add pudding or some type of cream that holds well. Top it off with strawberries and whipped cream and you’re all set!

k_tsoukalas

I like to make my parfaits using Greek yogurt. One of my favorite is also very simple - Greek yogurt, chopped walnuts, honey and then I repeat so that there are two layers. Yummy!

greek-yogurt-honey-walnuts-720x480.jpg

Why is the club sandwich so popular in Greece?

I'm Greek, and one of my favorite things to order at a cafe and on the beach is the club sandwich. By the looks of it, it's probably not Greek....LOL. Does anyone know where it comes from? And we why love it so much?

sandwich.jpg

Favorite Greek Easter dishes!!?

Drop your pics! What are your favorite Greek Easter dishes? Mine is kokoretsi 😍

kokoretsi.jpeg

What are your favorite lenten recipes?

Im trying out fasting this year, and I love to make kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters) but I need some more inspirationion. What are your go-to lenten dishes?

kolokitho.jpg

Recipe for Greek Easter lamb marinade

Does anyone have a really good marinade for lamb? I really wanna try it out for easter but I'm a little bit intimidated not gonna lie. I want to make it in the oven with potatoes like this:

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

What are your favorite Greek fruits?

I love picking fresh figs from my family's garden in Greece. They're so sweet I eat them for dessert. Show me pics of your favorites!!

fig.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter