1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

I like using nifty apps to get the best deals and recommendations while traveling. What apps have been most helpful in your experience? :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Other than posting to the mobile version to this website while in Greece to ask our community advice :) I would say the following travel apps would work well for Greece and just about anywhere:

1. Google or Apple maps (need to know where you are LOL).
2. Google translate (for non Greek speaking people this can help with basic communication).
3. Trip Advisor App (really is the best travel app and have personally used it in Greece).

Hope this helps! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

k_tsoukalas

Other than posting to the mobile version to this website while in Greece to ask our community advice :) I would say the following travel apps would work well for Greece and just about anywhere:

1. Google or Apple maps (need to know where you are LOL).
2. Google translate (for non Greek speaking people this can help with basic communication).
3. Trip Advisor App (really is the best travel app and have personally used it in Greece).

Hope this helps! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷
I have also used Booking.com in Greece to help me find last minute lodging.

How expensive is it to travel around the Ionian islands by boat?

Chartering a boat to travel around the Greek Islands is something that I've always wanted to do but that I always assumed wasn't feasible. Has anyone done this with a big group and found that it's a little bit cheaper? Are there any packages or any tips that you recommend for going around the island that would make this a little bit cheaper?

Covid mask rules relaxed for EU air travel!

Embrace the Greek way of life.A transportive Greek experience. Papadakis Summer Festival!

You should avoid these areas in Greece during demonstrations

According to the Canadian Government website, there are certain areas that should be avoided when traveling to Greece, especially on particular days where there are demonstrations.

Demonstrations are usually held on days of social or historical significance, such as:
  • Workers' Day on May 1
  • the commemoration of the Athens Polytechnic uprising of 1973 on November 17
  • the commemoration of the riots of 2008 on December 6
In Athens, demonstrations and marches occur primarily in areas around:
  • Syntagma Square, in front of the Greek Parliament
  • Omonia Square
  • the National Technical University complex on Patision Avenue
  • Exarchia neighbourhood
In Thessaloniki, they occur primarily in areas around:
  • Aristotelous Square
  • Egnatia Street
  • the Arch of Galerius
  • the campus of the Aristotle University
As always, take precautions and be safe!
More info: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/greece

All about Sea Turtles (day) in Greece!🐢🐢 🐢

The biggest enemy of these beautiful creatures is the Humans!
https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/05/23/all-about-sea-turtles-in-greece-on-world-turtles-day/🐢🐢
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter