1 - 10 of 10 Posts

nadellii

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: Hash and nadellii

nadellii

Great question!

Here are some of the best museums to visit in Santorini:

Enjoy Santorini and thanks for the question!
Thank you so much!!! This is super helpful

Reactions: Hash

Patisqua

not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.

Lotjeurope

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Visit the maritime museum in Oia only if you are interested in seafaring.
The historic museums in Fira are all worth visiting in my opinion.

greek_ggirl

not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.
Now that you mention it, some villages are so historical that they are just like museums!

greek_ggirl

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Yes I totally agree that Akrotiri is worth a visit

Lotjeurope

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)
Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!
This site is historical as well. The museum was built at the old Ypapanti Church which was destroyed in the 1956 Amorgos earthquake

k_tsoukalas

There are some great museums in Santorini. I love the Maritime Museum in Oia. It is small, but interesting.

New Raddison hotel opens in Santorini!

Thoughts on chain hotels on the island? Im not a huge fan tbh...

These are the best beaches near Fira in Santorini

1. Vourvoulos
2.Perissa
3. Vlychada
4. Perivolos
5. Monolithos

Any more that someone would like to add? This picture is of Perissa beach

Perissa-Beach-Santorini-720x480.jpg

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg

Santorini tips for first timers

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter