1 - 10 of 10 Posts

nadellii

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: Hash and nadellii

nadellii

Great question!

Here are some of the best museums to visit in Santorini:

Enjoy Santorini and thanks for the question!
Thank you so much!!! This is super helpful

Reactions: Hash

Patisqua

not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.

Lotjeurope

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Visit the maritime museum in Oia only if you are interested in seafaring.
The historic museums in Fira are all worth visiting in my opinion.

greek_ggirl

not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.
Now that you mention it, some villages are so historical that they are just like museums!

greek_ggirl

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Yes I totally agree that Akrotiri is worth a visit

Lotjeurope

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)
Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!
This site is historical as well. The museum was built at the old Ypapanti Church which was destroyed in the 1956 Amorgos earthquake

k_tsoukalas

There are some great museums in Santorini. I love the Maritime Museum in Oia. It is small, but interesting.

The best foods to try while in Santorini

Santorini is a great place for foodies and those seeking to have the best gastronomic and culinary experiences in Greece. Santorini has very unique dishes that you won't find in other areas of Greece and the Cyclades. Some of my favorites are fava, domatokeftedes, kopania, and chloritiri cheese. You may not find all of these at every single restaurant, but it's definitely worth seeking them out while you're here.

Akrotiri Lighthouse in Santorini is stunning 😍

Who knew that Santorini had such a beautiful lighthouse! This lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's and was build by a French company. This video gives you a great idea of what the lighthouse looks like and what you can expect from visiting. You are unable to visit the inside of the lighthouse unless you are authorized (navy or official business) but it is beautiful to see from the outside or even from a view from some Santorini cliffs. Has anyone ever been?

Have you ever heard of Santorini tomato fritters?

I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon this article. It sounds a bit strange but it's something that I'd love to try making, anything that from is from the island of Santorini sounds tasty to me. This is also a really good recipe for anyone who is fasting, or for anyone who is avoiding meat. I personally am a big fan of tomatoes and I will definitely be trying these out soon. What does everyone think?

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.

Are there Santorini hotels that offer non guests to visit their pools?

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter