1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, here are a list of some of the villages/towns to consider visiting while in the Thessaloniki area:

- Agia Triada
- Anchialos
- Angelochori
- Ano Stavros
- Asprovalta
- Epanomi
- Halkidona
- Loutra Volvis
- Nea Michaniona
- Nea Vrasna
- Nei Epivates
- Oraiokastro
- Paralia Vrasna
- Stavros
- Thermi
- Trilofo

k_tsoukalas

Sure, here are a list of some of the villages/towns to consider visiting while in the Thessaloniki area:

- Agia Triada
- Anchialos
- Angelochori
- Ano Stavros
- Asprovalta
- Epanomi
- Halkidona
- Loutra Volvis
- Nea Michaniona
- Nea Vrasna
- Nei Epivates
- Oraiokastro
- Paralia Vrasna
- Stavros
- Thermi
- Trilofo

This is an excellent list! I have never spent enough time in this area to know either way about the villages.

The village of Agia Triada is easily accessibly from Thessaloniki and it has a great beach that is scenic and relaxing. I recommend you check it out!

ladytina

The village of Agia Triada is easily accessibly from Thessaloniki and it has a great beach that is scenic and relaxing. I recommend you check it out!
Agreed, this is a great, scenic little place. A nice escape!

Reactions: mj_toronto8

You can learn to play the The Lyre of Apollo at the Seikilo Museum in Thessaloniki

This museum is probably one of the most unique ones that I've seen. It's pretty small, but it's packed with many rich activities and experiences. One of the coolest ones that I would love to try is learning how to play the Lyre from a professional artist. Before you would like to participate, you will need to let the museum know that you will be visiting and that you are interested. No prior music experience is required!

More info

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

You should rent a bike to tour Thessaloniki!

Many people don't think to rent a bike to see the city, but I think it's one of the best things you can do since Thessaloniki is right on the water and you will get some amazing views. Unlike different cities nearby, like Kavala, Thessaloniki doesn't have that many hills and is very easy to get around on the bike. I just recommend that you're careful of drivers, as Greek drivers can be a bit aggressive on the road. When I last visited, it was a few years back so I don't remember which bike rental company we used. So if anyone recommendations please drop them below.

Try bougatsa, Thessalonikis best breakfast food

Thessaloniki has one of the most popular breakfast foods in Greece! Bougatsa is a custard filled phyllo pastry with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top. The pastry is from Thessaloniki but is eaten in most regions in Northern Greece and you can find it in other areas of Greece as well.
5A083FCF-5DEE-4139-8EFD-3B8BB9E9853E.jpeg
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter