1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, here are a list of some of the villages/towns to consider visiting while in the Thessaloniki area:

- Agia Triada
- Anchialos
- Angelochori
- Ano Stavros
- Asprovalta
- Epanomi
- Halkidona
- Loutra Volvis
- Nea Michaniona
- Nea Vrasna
- Nei Epivates
- Oraiokastro
- Paralia Vrasna
- Stavros
- Thermi
- Trilofo

k_tsoukalas

Sure, here are a list of some of the villages/towns to consider visiting while in the Thessaloniki area:

- Agia Triada
- Anchialos
- Angelochori
- Ano Stavros
- Asprovalta
- Epanomi
- Halkidona
- Loutra Volvis
- Nea Michaniona
- Nea Vrasna
- Nei Epivates
- Oraiokastro
- Paralia Vrasna
- Stavros
- Thermi
- Trilofo

This is an excellent list! I have never spent enough time in this area to know either way about the villages.

The village of Agia Triada is easily accessibly from Thessaloniki and it has a great beach that is scenic and relaxing. I recommend you check it out!

ladytina

The village of Agia Triada is easily accessibly from Thessaloniki and it has a great beach that is scenic and relaxing. I recommend you check it out!
Agreed, this is a great, scenic little place. A nice escape!

Reactions: mj_toronto8

The Arch of Galerius is one of Thessalonikis most famous landmark

Thessaloniki has two very famous landmarks: the white tower and the the arch of galerius. The history behind this arch is actually very fascinating, it was built in 305 C.E. to signify Galerius’ win from the Persian empire. The arch is now a very popular tourist site, and there is an open space around it where people walk around and enjoy the view of the water. You will definitely stumble upon it on your next trip to Thessaloniki.

What does everyone like about Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki is one of the most unique places in Greece! Its way better than Athens in my opinion, it has everything that a big city has to offer but it also has a small town and waterfront vibe. Do you agree with what was said in the video? Or do you have your own perceptions about what is good and bad about the city? Let me know!

Katerini is a great tourist town outside of Thessaloniki

Katerini is a lesser known beach and tourist town near Thessaloniki. There are some great restaurants right by the water that are very authentic and offer many different options like meze as well as home style Greek food. I’ve only visited once but I plan on going again when I visit Thessaloniki. Have any of you visited.

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter