1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

Where can I watch live bouzouki music in Athens?

What are some great spots to listen to traditional Greek music in downtown Athens? I love bouzouki especially, and would love to see some talented musicians performing it live. Have any of you been to any rebetathika or restaurants with live music that would have some performances to listen to? Thanks everyone!

Why arent the old Olympic stadiums being used for anything?

This is something that I’ve wondered for a very long time but I’ve never heard an answer. How come the old Olympic stadiums in Greece aren’t being repurposed for something useful. This is a phenomen that has also happened in other countries where the Olympic Games have been held. Why did this happen in Greece though?

Youve never seen Athens like this before

Athens is the most stunning city in the world. Never has there been a city that blends Ancient ruins and modern architecture so beautifully. This drone only captures parts of how beautiful this city is. If you're visiting Athens, I recommend that you take your time and explore all parts of the city, both ancient ruins and modern nightlife. Some of the must see places are the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum of course, and having a coffee at the museum cafe where you will have an excellent view of the acropolis.

Best Ice cream in Athens!❤️❤️😋😋

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter