1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Hash

The Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus is regarded as the best-preserved ancient theatre in Greece and famous for its perfect acoustics. It was constructed in the late 4th century BC with a capacity of more than 12,000 spectators.
Audiences can also expect performances by the Greek National Opera, Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Lena Platonos among others.

How I miss my Mana mu Elllada for all the cultural events taking place all through the summer!One of my favourite all time singers Eleftheria Arvanitaki
🌻💕❤️❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I cant wait to check out epidauros and see all of the festivals and plays :) cheers from Melbourne!

Reactions: Vangelis and Hash

Hash

I cant wait to check out epidauros and see all of the festivals and plays :) cheers from Melbourne!
I don't know if Dalaras is performing there..... I saw him in Syros in Platia Miouli.... What a concert for Thanksgiving for summer season !.. Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...

francescool

I don't know if Dalaras is performing there..... I saw him in Syros in Platia Miouli.... What a concert for Thanksgiving for summer season !.. Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...
Dalaras is the absolute best!!!!!! He's my favorite Greek artist

Reactions: Hash

The best neighborhood to stay in Athens is Thiseio

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.

Up-to-date Athens Festival Guide!

You should visit the Port town of Lavrio near Athens

Lavrio is one of the best beachside places to visit near Athens. It's a bit of a drive so you'll need to rent a car or take a bus. There are excellent beaches and tavernas there and you can also visit the neighbouring town of Sounio where the famous Grecotel hotel is located. Since it is a tourist location, Lavrio has a bunch of water sport activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat rentals and many more. it's a great two day trip if you're wanting to get away from the city life.

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter