1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Greek Mythology Sites in Athens?

I am visiting Athens and want a feel for where to go that pertains to Greek mythology.Of course, the Acropolis is on my list, but I wish to explore other places related to gods, goddesses, heroes, and their legendary tales as well.

For those of you who have ventured on similar quests or possess knowledge about Greek mythology's physical footprints in Athens, could you recommend:
  1. Must-visit sites that are deeply connected to Greek mythology.
  2. Any lesser-known locations that offer a unique insight into the myths.
  3. Tips for making the most out of these visits (best time to go, how to avoid crowds, etc.).
  4. Any resources (books, guides, websites) that could help deepen my understanding of the myths associated with these sites.
I’m extremely excited about this trip and looking forward to your recommendations and insights! Thanks!

This is what Athens looks like today!!

Athens air unhealthy as my friends informed me!

Advice for an Athens City Tour?

Last time I was in Athens, I did the hop on hop off as my city tour. I like those because you can get on and off at your leisure and use it as a way to get around the city.

I am going to be in Athens again, and I want to do a different type of tour this time. Maybe something historical. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I have done a straight up tour of the Acropolis, I was looking for something a bit more expansive.

Visiting Athens Advice for Families

We're planning a family trip to Athens this summer with our kids (teenagers) and would love some advice. We want to make the most of our visit and ensure there's something enjoyable for everyone.

Does anyone have recommendations for family-friendly activities or must-see attractions? We're particularly interested in historical sites, interactive museums, and any kid-friendly tours. Also, are there any parks or outdoor areas that would be great for picnics or leisurely strolls?

Additionally, tips on family-friendly restaurants or cafes would be greatly appreciated. We’re eager to experience local cuisine but want to make sure there are options suitable for our kids.

Solo Travel to Athens, Greece?

'm planning a solo trip to Athens, Greece, and would love to get some travel advice from those who have been there before. I'll be traveling next month and am particularly interested in tips for solo travelers. What are some must-see historical sites and hidden gems I shouldn't miss? Any recommendations for budget-friendly accommodations that are safe and centrally located? I'd also love suggestions for local eateries where I can try authentic Greek food.

Additionally, are there any cultural norms or safety tips I should be aware of? I’m excited to explore the city's vibrant culture, but as a solo traveler, I want to make sure I’m well-prepared.

Lastly, if anyone has tips on navigating the public transportation system or insights on day trips from Athens, that would be incredibly helpful.
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back