I am thinking of visiting some friends for New Year's in Corfu this winter, but I have no experience with travelling to Greece outside of the summertime. What is it like in Corfu during December and January? I know that lately there have been a lot of changes to the weather and Greece has seen a lot more snow. What hasn't been like so far this year? And does anyone have any predictions for the rest of the season? I would really appreciate hearing a first hand account, thanks!
This is what you will expect from the climate in Corfu during the summer months! Great weather
• Temperature: 61.5° F (16.4° C) – 82.4° F (28° C)
• Precipitation: 14.1 mm
• Climate: 4.9 days of rain on average, 324.2 hours of sunshine, water temperature 69.8° C (21° C), warm/hot, muggy, 95% clear
• Humidity: 63.4%
• Temperature: 65.1° F (18.4° C) – 87.6° F (30.9° C)
• Precipitation: 9.2 mm
• Climate: 2.3 days of rain on average, 364.5 hours of sunshine, water temperature 73.4° F (23° C), hot, muggy, 95% clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 60%
• Temperature: 65.8° F (18.8° C) – 88.3° F (31.3° C)
• Precipitation: 19 mm
• Climate: 3.4 days of rain on average, 332.8 hours of sunshine. Water temperature 75.2° F (24° C), hot, 57% muggy, clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 62.2%
Corfu has a wonderful aquarium that should definitely be on your itinerary when visiting the island. One of the best parts of the aquarium is that you're able to take an underwater cruise through a submarine that has glass where you can look through and see all of Greece's beautiful marine wildlife. It's a great trip for a young couple or anyone with kids looking to explore and learn about Greece's marine life. Here is a link for anyone interested.
Corfu is a great spot for a honeymoon for those looking to stay in a single destination or for those who want to island hop! You can go to Lefkada and Kefalonia since they are pretty close, I suggest going by boat although you can also choose to fly if you prefer. If you want to go somewhere romantic, I suggest the old town and Arillas beach. There are really great hotels on the South Eastern part of the island by the coastline.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!
WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!