1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ssherie_

If you're thinking of visiting the National Garden I wouldn't recommend it! The garden is closed but I'm not sure when it will open

k_tsoukalas

Are we sure it is closed? Can you offer proof? I couldn't find anything about it being closed online...

Go to these hidden gems in Athens!

I love seeing the path less traveled on while on vacation

A look at street art in Athens

Street art is something that is super popular in Athens and is a beautiful reflection of the art and culture throughout Greek history. Greek street art exists all over the country and even on some islands but it is most present in Athens, where there is a vibrant and young student community. Here is a look at what some of the street art looks like, as you will see a lot of it is political and reflects many of the country's current issues.

This is what Christmas time in Athens looks like

The most beautiful city on earth ❤️

A bit of information about the Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens

This museum features some of the best and most world renowned pieces from the ancient times in the Cycladic islands. I really like this museum because it showcases region specific artwork in Greece rather than art from the entire country. I also like how it focusses on a specific time. So that I can compare with the other museums and see how the art has changed over time and across the regions. Have any of you been to this museum? Please let me know your experience :)
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter