1 - 2 of 2 Posts

knicks_fan87

Christmas carolling is a beautiful tradition in Greece that is celebrated and done throughout all regions of Greece. Crete has some special Christmas traditions such as the Christmas boat which you will see in the image of this video. I would love to visit Crete one day to celebrate Christmas there and experience all of the beautiful traditions and hopefully see some young school children singing and spreading Christmas cheer.

kef_john68

This is so festive. I love how Greek Christmas songs retain the instrumentation from traditional music. The photos that are part of this video are great, too.

What is the highest number in words from ancient greek

Maybe you can tell me what is the highest number to use in words in antique greek numeral system? Please help me ou really trying to find this!

This Cretan food is the original farm to table!

I can't think of a more authentic and traditional way to eat Greek food. People in the United States would call this farm to table, but I just call it a regular day in Crete. I love the traditional way of cooking, it is so healthy, family oriented, and sustainable. I really hope that slowly the world starts to wake up and that we return back to this way of living and eating our food. Cheers to the Cretans who are keeping this culture alive.

Potamos beach in Malia harbor Crete is a quiet escape

Potamos beach is a very small beach in Malia Harbor. The beach is great because there aren't many organize beach clubs, meaning that you're able to just come to the beach with your own towels and umbrellas and stay for free. There are usually people walking around selling things, and you can always walk by it's the nearest store to pick up some cold bottle drinks. I highly recommend speech if you're looking for something more low-key and quiet.

Visiting Psychro Cave in Crete, also known as Zeus Cave

This is what the Zeus cave looks like in Crete. Ancient Greek mythology claims that this is where the ancient Greek god Zeus was born. Because of this, many many tourists flock from around the world to visit this cave. The cave is also revered as very special because there are many rare and valuable stones found within it such as amethyst. Here is a video clip that shows you the inside of the cave, if you are ever planning to visit.

In Crete you can ski in the morning and have lunch by the sea

Who knew Crete was so versatile! This article outlines all of the amazing things that you can do in Crete including skiing! Crete has many mountains that are over 2,000 meters that are covered in snow during the winter. Once you ski to the bottom, you can a little drive over to any neighbouring town and enjoy a lunch by the water.

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter