1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

For Greeks all over the country, Easter is a very special time to be with family and celebrate with your entire community. There are so many special traditions in all of the unique pockets and areas of Greece...these are some traditions that you will see on the island of Corfu. They are so beautiful, and I would love the opportunity to visit the island during the holidays. Are there any other islands that are a must visit during easter?

This is amazing. I heard that Corfu has some of the best Easter celebrations in Greece!

Video Tour of Corfu

When I am about to visit a destination, I like to watch video content.

It has been a while since I have been to Corfu. I kept trying to go, but it keeps falling through.

Ignore the several-minutes long plug for a product! That part I know was necessary because they were a sponsor.

Once you get through that the content is good!

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!

What other islands are near Corfu?

I've heard that slands like Paxos, Antipaxos, and Erikoussa, might be close to Corfu but I'm curious to learn more from you guys. What are these islands like? Are they easily accessible from Corfu? What unique attractions, beaches, or cultural experiences do they offer? If these islands aren't close, can you think of ones that are?

I want to island hop a bit this summer, and I am trying to decide if Corfu is a good home base or if I should consider another island.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back