1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nm1999

The best is Kelly's Ice House for sure! Its an ice cream place, they also offer other foods, such as pancakes, to enjoy. You might want to eat your food sitting on one of the tables outside so you can fully enjoy the beautiful weather!

The best is Kelly's Ice House for sure! Its an ice cream place, they also offer other foods, such as pancakes, to enjoy. You might want to eat your food sitting on one of the tables outside so you can fully enjoy the beautiful weather!
Thank you so much for this tip, I will keep it in mind for when I go. How are the pancakes! I have never had pancakes in Greece.

Visiting Corfu off the Beaten Track?

I'm currently planning my itinerary for a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu, and while I've got all the major sights on my list, I'm particularly interested in those special "off the beaten path" spots that only the locals know about or seasoned travelers have stumbled upon.

I'm looking to explore the less commercialized areas, serene beaches, quaint villages, or any unique cultural spots that offer an authentic experience beyond the typical tourist attractions.

Does anyone have any personal favorites or undiscovered spots in Corfu they'd be willing to share? I'd love to hear about hidden beaches, local eateries or tavernas, and lesser-known trails or sights worth visiting.

Video Tour of Corfu

When I am about to visit a destination, I like to watch video content.

It has been a while since I have been to Corfu. I kept trying to go, but it keeps falling through.

Ignore the several-minutes long plug for a product! That part I know was necessary because they were a sponsor.

Once you get through that the content is good!

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back