1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I know that it might be difficult for many of us to be fasting during this time, so I'd like to share some of my favorite lenten dishes!

1. spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce and fresh basil
2. kolokithokeftedes
3. beets with skordalia
4. fava
5. chickpea soup
6. oatmeal with fruit for breakfast
7. smoothies with almond milk for snacks

nadellii

I love these recipes! How do you make your kolokithokeftedes? Mine always come out too soggy

k_tsoukalas

Your lineup looks delicious! Technically Lent is actually over. Holy Week is separate from Lent, but we're under strict fast for both anyway. Fava is a popular fasting choice in our household and we cook it throughout Lent and Holy Week. We also eat a lot of salads and vegetables, and also lentil soup.

Is olive tapenade just blended olives?

How do I make olive tapenade? Do I just put olives in a blender?

tapenade.jpg

How can I make juicy Greek grilled chicken breast?

I always struggle to keep chicken breast juicy! Are there any tips for Greek style chicken breasts?

greek-grilled-chicken-720x480.jpg

Recipe for Greek homemade pasta?

Is there a reicpe for Greek style homemade pasta? I've only ever heard of Italian ones, but if there is I would love to try it out! Nothing better than homemade pasta

homemadepasta.jpg

What is a fast and easy recipe for Greek style mussels?

I'm trying to get more into seafood. Do you have any recipes for Greek style mussels?

greek-steamed-mussels-376x220.jpg

What can I do with my leftover red Easter hard boiled eggs?

Does anyone know any good recipes for hard boiled eggs? Maybe an egg salad? Like every year, I know I'm going to have so many leftover hard boiled eggs. What can I do with them?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter