1 - 1 of 1 Posts

seleanor

If you're in quarantine like me, you might find it useful to listen to some Greek tunes to relax. Some of the most popular older artists include Dalaras, Mitropanis, Alexiou, Glykeria, Terzis, and Kazantzakis. These are some of the classics and have a good mix of softer music and rebetika. If you're looking for newer artists who have more popular songs I recommend listening to Vandi, Pantelidis, Economidis and Garbi.

A traditional Greek Christmas glendi (party)

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

Greece wins 2004 Euro Cup! One of the most important moments in Greece sports history

Many may think that the Olympics is one of Greece’s most important historical moments about sports. But for those soccer fans and Greeks, you know that Greece winning the 2004 Euro cup was perhaps one of the most unexpected and important moments of sports culture in Greece. Greece was considered an underdog, and no one would ever think that they would win the euro, which is what made the win so sweet. I hope to one day see Greece over come all the odds and have a win like that again.

Have you ever wondered what the evaluation of languages looked like?

This image is amazing....I always knew that languages came from each other but I never had it visualized. Kudos to the amazing designer who made this image! As we all know, the Greek language provided the basis for many alphabets and languages around the world. Nonetheless, Greece is unlike any language that exists today and it not based on any other languages like Romance Languages for example (Spanish, Italian, etc.). If anyone has other language resources, please feel free to share with me :)

Did you know about the Greek New Years pomegranate tradition?

This is one of Greece's most beautiful traditions that is rooted in Ancient and modern traditions. The pomegranate is the symbol of good fortune, fertility and luck which is why it is associated with New Years. One of the Greek customs that people do on New Years is taking a pomegranate and breaking it open by throwing it outside of your house on New Years day. If you throw it hard enough and it opens on the fist try, it will bring the most luck to you and your family in the New Year!

Celebrating Ephiphany Italian style in Venice!♥️

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter