1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mastichas09

Marouli is one of the most popular vegan restaurants in Rhodes! It's critically acclaimed and oh so popular. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/tomarouli/
They only operate from March - October, so those who are traveling during the peak season will miss out.

seleanor

I've never tried vegan resutuarnts in Greece! So cool that more of them are popping up now. Greece has so many amazing fresh vegetables, why not use them to cater to vegans and tourists

Reactions: Laura48

k_tsoukalas

Much of Greek food is Vegan anyway, since Greeks don't eat a lot of meat. However, seafood is pretty abundant. I would image that the tricky part is to find a place that consciously doesn't use any meat at all (sometimes a small amount of meat is used in the cooking to flavor even a vegetable dish...)

Intellectuals at Rhodes

I know some of the intellectual life in ancient Greece, but I am curious about its present state, since I hope that there will be a resurgence -- a needed resurgence. How is it in Rhodes? Meanwhile I'll mention one ancient Rhodian for the general reader: Panaitios (often referred to as Panaetius of Rhodes) was born in Rhodes, lived 185-110 B.C. He was a Stoic philosopher who travelled to and spent time in Rome and in Athens. In Rome he was a teacher of Cicero, who followed him and developed themes from his work, "Peri ton kathEkontos" . Cicero's work, which is translated and available online is titled "De Officiis" [= On Duties] . Panaitios maintained that virtue alone is not sufficient to attain a happy life; health and some resources are also needed. Along with the older Stoics, he maintained that humans ought to act according to nature, and that nature, by means of impulses, steers us to act properly/morally. So, Cicero dwells upon the "instinctive" love that parents have for children, for their spouses, and --to some extent -- for humans in general (on account of their being human). This love-based ethics was widely accepted during the Middle Ages theologians....

Naturism on Rhodes

There is just one official naturist beach & that is in Faliraki.At the right hand end of Tsambika beach is a small naturist section.With care its possible so swim & sunbathe naked on other beaches.. I for example use the right hand end of the beach @ the Coralli Taverna.

Some of the best food spots in Rhodes, Greece

What do you guys think of these food places?

Admiring the natural beauty of Rhodes

This is one of my favorite islands in Greece for sure, and I don't really think it gets enough credit!! Just look at this natural beauty! Does anyone have pictures of Rhodes that they would like to share? I would love to see them :)

beauty-rhodes-376x220.jpg

Is it easy to find parking in Rhodes Town?

I would love to rent a car while in Greece because I like exploring the outskirts of islands and having my own freedom. But I wonder if its worth bringing the car on the ferry because I hate spending my sweet vacation time looking for parking and driving around in circles. Is parking a nightmare?
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter