1 - 6 of 6 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This is what we all feared! Greece is to impose new travel restrictions starting really soon, it seems that the peak tourist season is over and they're making changes like last year

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

Miacat

Is there any update regarding new travel restrictions from US to Greece.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any update regarding new travel restrictions from US to Greece.

Here is the most recent travel restrictions for people looking to travel from the United States to Greece (EU):

Miacat

michellebriand

This is what we all feared! Greece is to impose new travel restrictions starting really soon, it seems that the peak tourist season is over and they're making changes like last year

Thanks! I was hoping to travel to Greece in the fall but I guess I’ll have to postpone my trip to next year, if covid finally gives us a rest. Also, I just read that the rules will change in 2022 and that we will need to fill in an ETIAS application to enter Greece, on top of the current travel restrictions. It doesn’t seem too complicated and pretty straightforward but I wanted to share this information if you didn’t already know.

Islands for a Day Trip in Athens Area

I am now starting to think that Athens area is a good location for a getaway for me and my girlfriends. It seems like the Athens are has everything that we need, plus it's easy to get around without renting a car.

We are interested in going on a boat for a day trip and visiting an island - maybe using that to visit a beach that is a bit further away. Does anyone have recommendations? I have heard Hydra is easy to get to from Piraeus for the day.

Traveling to Greece During Christmas

Has anyone here visited Greece for Christmas? I have only ever gone to Greece during the warmer months!

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if this is something I want to experience some day. I really want to learn about he real culture of Greece. I know, I have my traditions that have been passed down, but unless I go to Greece at Christmas someday, I am not sure I will ever truly understand.

Are things closed in Greece for December because of the holiday and will I have trouble as a visitor? I do have friends I can visit and maybe even stay with. It might be more fun that way.

Where in Mykonos is this?

I bumped into a pretty pic of Mykonos - I am still trying to plan that trip with my friends! We are still considering Mykonos, even though some people are iffy. I found this pic - it's so pretty. Does anyone have an idea where this is, and what the vantage point is? One friend is saying she would love to try to replicate the scene from this photo if we do make it to that island...

mykonos-view.jpg

Best places to visit on mainland Greece?

I know, the islands are a popular choice. I've been to the islands so many times, but I have seen very little of the mainland. I have been to Athens and the surrounding area, but that's about it. Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I am interested in seeing Corinth, the Peloponnese, the main archaeological sites like Delphi and Olympia and maybe Marathon. Is there anything else I should consider?

Best Archaeological Museums in Greece?

I am thinking of retiring to Greece. Right now, I suspect it will be on Corfu, but I haven't quite decided. I will be visiting Greece next year to get a feel for things.

When I go, I want to make sure I visit some of the best Archaeological museums I can find - because learning about Ancient Greek History is one of my favorite things.

Here is my list -please let me know if I forget anything!

** The museum at the Acropolis.

** Archaeological Museum in Heraklion

** The one in Thessaloniki

** Archaeological Museum of Corfu

Did I miss any that I absolutely should see during my trip? I'll be about a month in Greece, so I should have time.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube