1 - 6 of 6 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This is what we all feared! Greece is to impose new travel restrictions starting really soon, it seems that the peak tourist season is over and they're making changes like last year

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

Miacat

Is there any update regarding new travel restrictions from US to Greece.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any update regarding new travel restrictions from US to Greece.

Here is the most recent travel restrictions for people looking to travel from the United States to Greece (EU):

Miacat

michellebriand

This is what we all feared! Greece is to impose new travel restrictions starting really soon, it seems that the peak tourist season is over and they're making changes like last year

Thanks! I was hoping to travel to Greece in the fall but I guess I’ll have to postpone my trip to next year, if covid finally gives us a rest. Also, I just read that the rules will change in 2022 and that we will need to fill in an ETIAS application to enter Greece, on top of the current travel restrictions. It doesn’t seem too complicated and pretty straightforward but I wanted to share this information if you didn’t already know.

Share Your Greek Sunset Photos!

I have soft spot for sunset photos that involve Greek windmills. I would love to see all your favorite photos, as well!

greek-sunset-photo.jpg

Researching Expat Communities in Greece

I am considering retiring in Greece and I am trying to figure out where to settle. Someone gave some really great advice in another thread to find where there are strong expat communities. I think this is a great idea! Now, my question is, where are there some great communities? Here is a look at my initial findings. Agree, disagree, have anything to add?

Athens - I suppose this makes sense, since it is the country's biggest city.

Peloponnese - I like the idea of living here, but I am not sure if it is too far away from places.

Corfu - Seems like there are more expats here than other Greek islands? I could be wrong ...

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

ForwardKeys: Summer 2022 Record Breaking for Flights to Greece!

Tremendous effort by all concerned,I sincerely hope that Greek Tourism Authorities and Greek Government as PM Mitsotakis has already stated to pay the workers in Tourism Industry fairly and treat them humanely!

Best Photo Spots in Greece?

I am a photographer and I love to travel to Greece to take photos. I am scheduled to travel there again this fall, and I thought I would make a list of some places to visit. I am also wondering if you guys have any recommendations! Here is what I have come up with - chime in with some suggestions, too - I will be in Greece for at least a few weeks:

1. Temple of Poseidon - Cape Sounion (I hear there are great sunset shots here)
2. Oia, Santorini at sunset - I haven't sorted out quite where in the village yet butI figured I'd figure that out when I get there
3. Chania, Crete (I need some from here for my collection)
4. Slice of life types of photos in Athens and other cities
5. Plenty of food photos all over Greece

Let me know if you have some standout places/ types of photos I should take.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter