1 - 9 of 9 Posts

paharo45

I've been eyeing this dessert for quite some time, it's a classic and eaten for breakfast! I've been dying to try it

ellinasgolfer0320

Bougatsa is a must try in Greece, period :p

Imagine eating galaktoboureko without syrup and with powdered sugar and cinnamon on top. That's bougatsa.

redsoxdw_

Bougatsa is a must try in Greece, period :p

Imagine eating galaktoboureko without syrup and with powdered sugar and cinnamon on top. That's bougatsa.
Is there a difference in the custard?? Ive never had bougatsa

Reactions: Hash and Jawge

ellinasgolfer0320

Generally there isn't, but people could make the recipe their own and do something a bit different.

What's nice about bougatsta is that you can walk around with it in your hand and eat it. You don't have to sit down and eat it with a fork and knife as you do with galaktoboureko.

redsoxdw_

True, I find that people usually make galaktoboureko much thicker in the middle
Generally there isn't, but people could make the recipe their own and do something a bit different.

What's nice about bougatsta is that you can walk around with it in your hand and eat it. You don't have to sit down and eat it with a fork and knife as you do with galaktoboureko.

k_tsoukalas

It all depends on who is making it. Bougatsa in Greece tends to be lighter and fluffier, whereas the galaktoboureko custard tends to be a little heavier. But, that isn't always the case. Technically the custards in the two dishes are the same. It all depends on the preference of the chef.

ladytina

It all depends on who is making it. Bougatsa in Greece tends to be lighter and fluffier, whereas the galaktoboureko custard tends to be a little heavier. But, that isn't always the case. Technically the custards in the two dishes are the same. It all depends on the preference of the chef.
Ya for me, it's hard to tell if galaktoboureko just feels heavier because of the syrup. I love the light, airy feeling of a good bougatsa! Thessaloniki has some of the best in Greece.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Ya for me, it's hard to tell if galaktoboureko just feels heavier because of the syrup. I love the light, airy feeling of a good bougatsa! Thessaloniki has some of the best in Greece.
Thats such a good point actually, bougatsa is definitely lighter now that I'm remembering (haven't had one in so long :()

ladytina

Thats such a good point actually, bougatsa is definitely lighter now that I'm remembering (haven't had one in so long :()
Ya, I've only ever made galaktoboureko and not bougatsa, so I don't know if the recipes are different. But I've certainly eaten both!!! :D

Reactions: paharo45

These are the top three beaches in Thessaloniki

If you ask me, I personally don't love going to the beach near the city. I find that the beaches aren't the best, but if you're touring the city and interested in going for a quick swim, these are your best options. The video does a great job of showing exactly what the beaches are like! Websites will show you photoshopped pictures that are edited to show the clearest waters and cleanest beaches. That's why I like to go to YouTube to see the reality of what I'm signing up for.

What does everyone like about Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki is one of the most unique places in Greece! Its way better than Athens in my opinion, it has everything that a big city has to offer but it also has a small town and waterfront vibe. Do you agree with what was said in the video? Or do you have your own perceptions about what is good and bad about the city? Let me know!

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter