1 - 4 of 4 Posts

kcixcy

I always like promoting for people to buy local and buy Greek. Apivita and Korres are two famous Greek cosmetic brands that have done super well on the market and are sold all over the world. I suggest you check them out and support Greek companies :)

nadellii

I always like promoting for people to buy local and buy Greek. Apivita and Korres are two famous Greek cosmetic brands that have done super well on the market and are sold all over the world. I suggest you check them out and support Greek companies :)

I absolutely love both of these brands, I would also add Frezyderm. They make great products for sensitive skin

nadellii

k_tsoukalas

Korres is VERY amazing. They have this wonderful wild rose serum that is one of my all time favorites.

Do any of you have questions about Greek?

Do any of you have questions about Greek - speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar, pronunciation, etc? I know some of you are learning online, and being able to ask specific questions isn't something you can always do. Greek can be confusing because words have multiple meaning - e.g. the word apo (από) has at least 5-10 different meanings - and the order of the words in a sentence can in any order you want. If you have any thing that might be confusing to you or you need some clarification on please ask away and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Make sure you bring a dessert or small gift if youre invited to a Greek household

This is a very popular custom in Greece and you might come off as strange if you don't parcticiate. If you're invited to someones house, it is customary to bring dessert or a small gift to show your toes of appreciation for the fact that they're hosting you. It is likely that they will also offer you food, dessert or coffee as well. So don't be surprised if they do!

Here is some insight about Greek etiquette and body language

Etiquette and body language is extremely important in any culture, especially in Greek Culture. This doesn't meant that you need to follow everything and try to act "Greek" but I think its helpful to be aware of the expectations of others, especially so that you don't offend others. Let me know if you like this video and think its helpful in understanding some of the main components of Greek etiquette.

These are the most common words in Greek

This list is extremely helpful for anyone visiting Greece. Learning a bit of Greek can be a little intimidating, especially since some of the sounds don't exist in other languages. I suggest that you at least learn a few words to get by, since it is also a kind gesture when visiting a foreign country. Let me know if you like this video! And if you think these words are easy to learn!

Great news! My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 is being filmed

This was first posted on Nia Vardalos' instagram! I'm so excited to see the third movie and what the writers and actors have come up with. Of course, nothing is going to beat the original, which I absolutely love. But, it is nice to see Greeks on the big screen. What do you think? Are you excited?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter