1 - 7 of 7 Posts

blopez34

Cape Sounion is a beach that is south of Athens, known for its beautiful hotels and luxury restaurants. I've attended so many weddings in the area, as it is one of the most popular destinations for families that live in the Athens or mainland area. One of the best parts of the area is that you can catch a great view of the Temple of Poseidon, here is what it looks like:

Sandyrigo

Cape Sounion is a beach that is south of Athens, known for its beautiful hotels and luxury restaurants. I've attended so many weddings in the area, as it is one of the most popular destinations for families that live in the Athens or mainland area. One of the best parts of the area is that you can catch a great view of the Temple of Poseidon, here is what it looks like:
Best sunsets ever.

ladytina

Best sunsets ever.
Agreed. I was at Temple of Poseidon at sunset once. The pics I took are phenomenal. Highly recommend seeing it!

Sandyrigo

Agreed. I was at Temple of Poseidon at sunset once. The pics I took are phenomenal. Highly recommend seeing it!
So if you want to make it a perfect day and you are staying around Athens, stop at Aperanto Galazio in Varkiza on your way to the temple. Reserve your fish for the return trip dinner. Enjoy the sunset and then return to the restaurant for a satisfying dinner on the beach.

k_tsoukalas

Cape Sounion is one of my favorite places to visit in the Sounion area. I always make it a point to go! The Temple of Poseidon is fantastic.

ladytina

So if you want to make it a perfect day and you are staying around Athens, stop at Aperanto Galazio in Varkiza on your way to the temple. Reserve your fish for the return trip dinner. Enjoy the sunset and then return to the restaurant for a satisfying dinner on the beach.
This is a great idea. I have never done that, but I am going to try it next time. Sounds like a lovely day!

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Cape Sounion is also a very popular location for weddings and baptisms! I highly recommend it for anyone who is planning their event.

Has anyone here seen a performance n Epidavros?

I am so fascinated by Ancient Greek history and from what I understand, some of the ancient theaters are still intact and performances are being held there. I've been research Epidavros and noticed that they hold performances there in the summer. Has anyone been? What was it like?

I've seen footage online of people marveling at the amazing acoustics, and I want to experience this for myself.

Athens Full of Tourists’ as Greece Extends Tourism Season !

The real life of Athens is here’ – hidden gems beyond and beneath the Acropolis | Athens holidays |

Has Anyone Watched a Game in Opap Arena?

I am a huge sports fan but have never watched a football game at Opap Arena. I am trying to figure out if I should take in a game next time I am in Greece. From what I understand, the Arena is in the Athens area? Here's the link:

Any recommendations you have would be great. In particular, I see from the website that there is a restaurant there. Is it any good, or should I plan to eat somewhere else?

Good Beaches to Visit Near Athens?

I am trying to plan a girl's trip to Greece and am fleeing out the details. We'd be flying in from the United States on the East Coast, as I am from Baltimore. So, it seems that we need to fly into Athens. Although Athens isn't planned to be our full vacation - we plan to head to one of the islands - I am thinking we should spend a few days in the city. That being said, we'd do all the usuals - see the historical sites like the Parthenon and all that. I was thinking we might want some beach time when we are in Athens to get us started. I heard there are some beaches nearby? Are any of them worth spending time at? We are looking for a beach with a bit of a scene - like an outdoor beach but maybe a nightclub nearby?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube