1 - 4 of 4 Posts

HarryS

I have a two-part question. 1. Anna Car rentals or Auto Club car rental. 2. Both claim full CDW coverage included in the price, do I need additional coverage? Thank you.

Reactions: auroracoor1

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
We typically do not recommend companies, but after looking online quickly both car rental companies seem to have a good online reputation/reviews, so I think going with either could work. Personally, having rented many cars while in Greece, I always get the additional insurance. Again, that is a personal thing but I would recommend really reviewing the included insurance.

Have a great trip to Crete!

Reactions: auroracoor1

HarryS

We typically do not recommend companies, but after looking online quickly both car rental companies seem to have a good online reputation/reviews, so I think going with either could work. Personally, having rented many cars while in Greece, I always get the additional insurance. Again, that is a personal thing but I would recommend really reviewing the included insurance.

Have a great trip to Crete!
Thank you.

auroracoor1

I have a two-part question. 1. Anna Car rentals or Auto Club car rental. 2. Both claim full CDW coverage included in the price, do I need additional coverage? Thank you.
If you have a credit card, sometimes they offer car rental insurance. That's what I do

Reactions: HarryS

Spinalonga, Crete has the most interesting past!

I visited Spinalonga a few years back after one of my cousins recommended I visit while on my trip to Crete. Since the time of Venetian rule on thie island and up until 1957, this island is where those who suffered with leprosy were quarantined. Now, many people visit for the wildlife and of course to see where this history came from.

Spinalonga-720x448.jpeg

Pyrrhic Dance (Πυρρίχιος) Cretan dance

This dance is so powerful. It's one of my favorite performances and was famously done at the 2004 Athens olympics

What makes Cretan olive oil different from other Greek olive oil?

I've always heard that Cretan olive oil is "liquid gold" or that it's somehow better quality than other Greek olive oil. Does anyone know if and why this is true? I haven't really noticed a difference in taste

Can I visit any traditional farms in Crete?

I've heard a lot about the importance of agriculture in Crete and how it's one of the major exporters of produce and olive oil in Greece. Are there any farms on the island that are open to visitors? I would love to visit and see how everything is made

El Grecos birthplace in Crete!

This is a must visit place in Crete! El Greco was a highly influential artist of the Spanish Renaissance. You can visit the Museum of El Greco which is located in the village of Fodele here you will find replicas of El Greco’s major works as well as related documents.

Museum-of-El-Greco-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter