1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: greek_ggirl
Mana mou Ellas! How beautiful! I would love to stay in this hotel one day

Reactions: Hash

Visiting Corfu this Summer

I am thinking to head to Greece this summer and I want to spend my time going places I have either never been before, or have only spent a short amount of time at and I would love to return.

Corfu is on my list. I don't know much about it s I am having a hard time focusing my attention so that I can plan my time. I have about five nights to spend here. My most immediate concern is, do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the island?

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!

Favorite things to do in Corfu?

Although I had been exploring the possibility of visiting the Cyclades this summer, it might not work out. I have some friends on Corfu, and there might be a wedding that I have to go to (but even that is up in the air).

So, I thought I would gather some information just in case I end up there. What are your favorite things to do in Corfu? I have been before, but I haven't spent much time consecutively there. If I end up having to go to a wedding, I will be there for at least a few weeks, so I will have plenty of time. Last time I went I felt like all I did was visit people, which is fine, but I want to get out more this time around.

Favorite beach in Corfu?

I have heard that Corfu is lovely and worth visiting. I love the beach, and I heard there are some great beaches here.

Do you have a favorite beach in Corfu?

I have heard great things about Paleokastritsa, Sidari, and Kontokali.

Also, is the island big? If I stay on the Western side, is it logical to be able to travel around, or should I go somewhere more centrally located?

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back