1 - 2 of 2 Posts

mastichas09

This festival is amazing!! If you're in Athens this August I suggest you check it out

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

Get that Big Athens Energy! 🌈

Check out Vouliagmeni for classy beachside restaurants

Vouliagmeni is about half an hour from Athens by car and is a great place for beachside dining. I find that this area has amazing views and is much less crowded than Athens. I haven't been to any beaches there, so please let me know if there are good spots to swim nearby. I usually go for dinner if im staying in Athens and then take a taxi back. My favorite spots are Ithaki and Lavros. :) Check them out!

Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Acropolis

Now hear me out. I usually go to see a performance at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theatre every time I visit Athens. A few times I have seen operas there. In fact, I have only been to operas at this theatre, having never been to an opera at any other time in my life. I have to say it is an amazing experience. If you are going this year and you have never been to an opera, Toscana is being performed here as part of the Athens & Epidaurus Festival. Do yourself a favour and go see it. You can find details here: https://whyathens.com/events/tosca-greek-national-opera/

And to get you in the mood, here are a couple of photos of the last opera I went to see there:

IMG_20190609_212402.jpg

IMG_20190609_214430.jpg

Cape Sounion is a beautiful destination near Athens

Cape Sounion is a beach that is south of Athens, known for its beautiful hotels and luxury restaurants. I've attended so many weddings in the area, as it is one of the most popular destinations for families that live in the Athens or mainland area. One of the best parts of the area is that you can catch a great view of the Temple of Poseidon, here is what it looks like:

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter