1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: dimi_pat

Learning Greek While in Mykonos?

I've recently embarked on the exciting journey of learning Greek, motivated further by an upcoming trip to the beautiful island of Mykonos. Given the rich culture, stunning landscapes, and the warm hospitality native to this region, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to immerse myself in the language amid its native speakers.

However, as someone relatively new to this endeavor, I'm eagerly seeking advice on the best strategies for learning Greek while exploring Mykonos. Whether it be recommendations for local language schools that cater specifically to visitors, tips on integrating learning into daily activities, or suggestions for social settings that are particularly friendly to language learners, I'm all ears.

Additionally, I'm interested in any local groups or exchange programs that promote cultural immersion and language practice. I believe that interacting with the locals and engaging directly with the culture can significantly enhance the language learning experience.

Lastly, if there are specific apps or resources that you found helpful while learning Greek in a similar context, please don't hesitate to share. I'm open to exploring all options that might assist in making my learning experience as enriching and effective as possible.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and stories about your own language learning journeys in Greece. Thank you in advance for your insights and advice!

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

How do you find the "good" parties on Mykonos?

I went to only one of the beach clubs on Mykonos and it wasn't really my vibe. Yet, I constantly see people partying in Mykonos and it looks fun and they're having a blast. How do these people find those parties?

My questions:

• Are many of these parties private events?
  • Are there clubs away from the beaches that are known for their nightlife and DJs?
  • Are there different DJs that go to Mykonos? Maybe I can find out about the parties by tracking the DJs?
Another possibility is maybe the party scene really isn't my thing. I appreciate all your thoughts!

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back