1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

A traditional Greek Christmas glendi (party)

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

Greece has just raised the minimum wage

For the second time this year, Greece raised the minimum wage. Many don't even know that there is minimum wage in Greece, but there is! it is a little bit easier to bypass it because there is more corruption and less regulation in Greece than in other countries but nonetheless it's really great that the country is taking steps to raise it, in my opinion. The minimum wage is now €663 per month, which is still relatively low and difficult to live on, especially if you're in more expensive areas such as Athens.

Have you ever wondered what the evaluation of languages looked like?

This image is amazing....I always knew that languages came from each other but I never had it visualized. Kudos to the amazing designer who made this image! As we all know, the Greek language provided the basis for many alphabets and languages around the world. Nonetheless, Greece is unlike any language that exists today and it not based on any other languages like Romance Languages for example (Spanish, Italian, etc.). If anyone has other language resources, please feel free to share with me :)

These are the best Greek dances for big groups!

I love Greek dancing, and my favourite Greek dances are the ones that are done in massive groups for weddings, baptisms, and birthday parties. The Greeks really know how to have fun and have everyone join in! My favorite group dances are...

1. Kalamatiano: This is the most classic group dance and probably this easiest one to do and join in on
2. Tsamiko: This is probably the second most popular dance!
3. Balos: Balos is pretty easy to learn and is done in pairs (great for weddings)

Relaxing Greek music instrumental

This is one of the best Greek music instrumentals that I like to listen to when Im reading and working at home! Geia mas to all of the world wide Greeks community who like to have kefi and play some great tunes. Please post some great instrumentals in the comments, I love a good bouzouki solo! Cheers :)

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter