1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Joni T.

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

Reactions: mastichas09
Hmmm I haven't! But it seems pretty great, I love the fact that they provide traditional Greek activities. I might have to check it out :)

Reactions: Joni T.

mastichas09

Oooh that sounds so fun! I've never taken a cruise across the islands. Hopefully, they have trips available for Skopelos, it's my favorite island.

Joni T.

Oooh that sounds so fun! I've never taken a cruise across the islands. Hopefully, they have trips available for Skopelos, it's my favorite island.
From what I see, those bigger cruise ships only go to the main islands like Crete, Santorini, and Mykonnos. Looks like we have to do ferry hopping to see the smaller and more remote islands. Go while you can, savor the moment...at this stage in our lives, the comfort of cruises is what works for us.

Do you have any car rental tips for Greece?

Hi guys! I'll be renting a car to travel around Greece and take road trips with the fam. Is there anything specific about renting cars in Greece that I should know about? Thanks :)

Should I get a Greek passport?

I'm Greek-Australian, and I've never considered getting a Greek passport until COVID made it easier to travel to Greece with proof of citizenship/passport. Do any other children of Greek immigrants have passports? Have you found it to be worth it?

Celestyal Cruises

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

Peloponnese vacation pictures!

I would love to see all of your vacation pics from Peloponnese or the mainland! So many people forget that it's just as nice as the islands. This is a beautiful hotel I stayed at in Peloponisos that used to be a monastery

peloponesse.jpg

What are the most useful Greek phrases while traveling?

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter