1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

I thought I would share this podcast for any fellow Greek mythology lovers who like to listen to a podcast on their commute or their morning walks. I love a little dose of mythology throughout my day and Im so happy that this podcast shares a bit of Roman mythology as well! There is so much more that I don't know about mythology that I've been learning just by listening to a few episodes. Hope you enjoy

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

This is awesome, I love learning about Greek Mythology. Thank you for sharing!

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

Information about Delos in Greek Mythology?

I am interested in visiting Delos. It's so fascinating! I love learning about Greek Mythology and I wonder if Delos has ties to Greek Mythology? This is a bit I found about Delos from the Wikipedia page:

Delos had a position as a holy sanctuary for a millennium before Olympian Greek Mythology made it the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. From its Sacred Harbour, the horizon shows the three conical mounds that have identified landscapes sacred to a goddess (it is predicted that the deity's name is Athena) - in other sites: one, retaining its Pre-Greek name Mount Synths (Mount Kynthos), is crowned with a sanctuary of Zeus.

Would love to learn more, if anyone can point me in the direction of some good resources!

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

List of Greek Myths that Happened on Crete?

I am making a list of places on Crete that have to do with Greek Mythology and I am wondering if I missed anything:

* Cave of Zeus (Diktaion)
* Knossos Palace
* Minotaur's Labyrinth
* Paximadia - I read someone this is where Artemis and Apollo were born supposedly?

Did I miss anything or get anything incorrect?

The story of Hercules

Hercules is probably one of the most famous Greek figures, having a famous Disney movie after his story. As most Greek mythology stories, his starts from a dark place, being unwanted by his family. The Oracle provided him with 12 labors that he needed to defeat. This video goes over all of them!

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube