1 - 3 of 3 Posts

jennyferraynor

I’m in Athens right now and I’m looking for the best nightclubs with a younger crowd to go to. Any suggestions?

skipper60

I’m in Athens right now and I’m looking for the best nightclubs with a younger crowd to go to. Any suggestions?
Along the Glefada coast any clubs on the beach

nadellii

How to rent motorcycles and atvs in Greece

Of course, the process is going to be different depending on where you are in Greece, but for the most part the rules are the same. You will need an unexpired drivers license to rent an ATV. Some websites will say that you need an international drivers license, but I've never been asked for one. If you want to rent a motorcycle, you will need a motorcycle license. You might be able to get by if you let the people know that your experience, but I highly recommend that you bring yours. It's as simple as that!

Why you should wear sneakers and comfortable shoes in Greece

This applies to all places in Greece, except for the beach! If you're going on day trips, I highly recommend that you wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. Most places in Greece, especially touristy areas and ancient sites have cobblestone paths. Villages tend to be very hilly or have dirt paths. It can be super challenging if you are wearing heels or fancy shoes. I suggest that you keep those for going on short walks to dinner.

Greek travel tips for the summer!

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the news lately, but airports are super busy and understaffed. Especially in Canada. When you're travelling to Greece this summer I highly recommend that you bring a carry-on and don't check any luggage. This will make the process so much easier. I also recommend that you check in online, and if you have TSA pre-check or nexus, use that for sure. Greece just changed the rules this year and you don't need to fill out a plf form, so you're all set on that end.

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!

Flights to the islands have become cheaper than taking ferries!

I never thought this would happen….but from the prices I’ve been searching for this summer it seems to make more sense to fly to these islands instead of taking the ferry. Nor only that, flying is much faster and they offer free snacks on board. When you book your transit please don’t jump to the ferry booking sites and check google flights or sky scanner first! You never know what you can find. Best of luck fellow travelers. 😊
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter