1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I love this dessert and Akis makes it so well! Can anyone tell me if this recipe is similar to their family recipe? I want to know how traditional it is because my family doesn't have a recipe for this dish

k_tsoukalas

Semolina Cake is one of my favorite desserts. It is light and simple and a nice, easy cake to make. It's one of those desserts that is versatile and great for both special occasions and every day.

All of the different shapes of baklava

Traditional Greek baklava is usually cut into triangles or squares, but there are many more very popular versions such as the round and rolled up ones. All baklava is pretty much exactly the same, only the shape is different. This video shows you all of the unique variations. I know that the video is in Turkish, but baklava is exactly the same no matter what country it comes from. These different shapes are definitely a little more difficult to make, and you'll need to be a bit more handy with the filo dough.

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita

Pasteli is a wonderful sweet snack

Pasteli is one of the best snacks that you can keep in your bag when youre on the go! Its made of sesame seeds and honey and is super healthy. You can think of it as the Greek version of granola bars. The recipe is super simple, and if you'd like to make it I have attached some recipes below. 😀

Have you ever made a traditional Greek rabbit recipe?

Rabbit is considered a delicacy in Greece, even though it's not so popular today. There are many different variations of rabbit that are made in Greece, but the most popular is a rabbit stew. The stew consists of tomato, carrots, celery, a whole rabbit, onions, garlic, and spices such as rosemary, allspice, bay leaf, pepper, and salt. This is a great recipe that I have tried myself and I like to make every now and then when I can find rabbit at the butcher or farmers market.

How to make Greek chicken with okra!

This is one of those recipes that people either love or hate! Okra is super controversial but I personally love it. This is a traditional Greek recipe and has very simple ingredients: chicken, okra, tomato, onion, butter and spices. The first step you will need to take is cutting the ends off of the okra and washing it well with cold water. After that, you will need to sauté onions in a hot pan until they are soft and add tomato. Then, add any cut of chicken and your okra. Add in salt, pepper, one bay leaf, and cloves. Let the pot simmer on low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken and the okra is tender. There you have it!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter